Farm History

The Davenport Fruit Farm was initially owned by Frederick Harper & Viola Maude Davenport.  The Farm remained in the Davenport Family for three generations, from 1910 through July 2017. The Farm is now under new ownership.  Jeffrey Boswell of Cochranton, PA, who appreciates the history and the beauty of the Farm, will continue the operation as the Davenport Fruit Farm with the addition of hard ciders and wines that he hand crafts himself.  Undergoing several transformations over the years, the Farm was re-designed in the last decade to create the new expanded apple orchard, three ponds and a cider house. Spanning 14 acres, the Farm has over 1,400 fruit trees.  The expansion continued as a new Cider Barn has been added to the property. The addition houses equipment for the production of hard ciders and wines, as well as the unpasteurized cider that has become so well known.  The newest addition was the event hall for private parties in 2019. The farm may have changed owners, but the property is rich in history, and apples that we hope to have for many more years to come!P9132294

Recent Posts